Support Russia Insider - Go Ad-Free!

Ukraine Atrocity Scandal Heats Up - Lavrov: 400 Bodies, Clear Evidence of War Crimes

[node:field-sub-title-]


This post first appeared on Russia Insider


RI comment:  We've been saying this for a couple of months now...  The atrocity story is going to blow up in the EU's face, and support for Kiev and Poroshenko will evaporate.

The Ukraine story is simply over-flowing with hard facts about astonishing brutality and out-right sadism committed by the more extreme right wing elements of the Ukrainian armed forces, many of them neo-nazi.  

<figcaption>Watch international support for Kiev evaporate</figcaption>
Watch international support for Kiev evaporate

Just scroll through our site and you will see dozens of articles about it.  

Its been slow to leak out, because it contradicts what the mainstream media editors want to believe, but at some point, the evidence becomes too overwhelming, and the dam breaks.

Our call: Its only a matter of time before Germany drops support for Kiev, with the other major EU countries following suit shortly after.

MOSCOW, October 1 (RIA Novosti) – Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Wednesday that more than 400 bodies have been discovered in mass graves near the city of Donetsk in eastern Ukraine, in what he described as "horrific" evidence that pointed to a war crime.

“This is obviously a war crime. Already more than 400 bodies have been discovered in [mass] graves outside Donetsk and we hope that western capitals will not hush up these facts [because] they’re horrific,” Lavrov said, adding there was an apparent blackout of the incident in Western mass media.

Last week, several mass graves filled with bodies of massacred civilians and independence supporters, killed execution-style, were unearthed 35 kilometers northeast of Donetsk.

"I expect [to hear] a clear, unbiased and responsible response from international organizations. OSCE is already working at the scene. We will make the truth known and, of course, make sure that the justice is done," Sergei Lavrov said at a press conference.

Speaking at PACE's fall session in Strasbourg on Tuesday, Russian lawmaker Olga Kazakova called on the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe to keep an eye on the investigation into this horrendous massacre.

The independence supporters of southeastern Ukraine believe that the civilians were murdered by the National Guard fighters who had stayed in the village of Nyzhnia Krynka, near the city of Donetsk, where the graves had been discovered, since April. Ukrainian authorities later denied this accusation, saying that not a single National Guard fighter had been in the area, adding however that some other Ukrainian units were deployed there at the time.

Lavrov commented on Kiev's recent claim to conduct an open and impartial probe of the alleged massacre as soon as it regained control of the area, saying it was pure hypocrisy because "these crimes were obviously perpetrated there at the time when Ukrainian security forces were in control of this region."


Support Russia Insider - Go Ad-Free!

This post first appeared on Russia Insider

Anyone is free to republish, copy, and redistribute the text in this content (but not the images or videos) in any medium or format, with the right to remix, transform, and build upon it, even commercially, as long as they provide a backlink and credit to Russia Insider. It is not necessary to notify Russia Insider. Licensed Creative Commons


Our commenting rules: You can say pretty much anything except the F word. If you are abusive, obscene, or a paid troll, we will ban you. Full statement from the Editor, Charles Bausman.

Add new comment