The truth about the Syrian mess is clear as day for anyone who cares to look
Originally appeared at Off Guardian
As France, the UK and now Germany obediently line up for war with Russia, feel free to send these to anyone who asks you “but do you think we should just let ISIS keep beheading people?”
1. Bashar al Assad’s secular government in Syria is a major obstacle to US/NATO ambitions to fragment the Middle East, exploit its resources and further encircle Russia, as delineated in several policy documents.
2. US/NATO planned to invade Syria and remove Assad in 2013, and used his alleged use of chemical weapons in Ghouta as an excuse. But the plan was thwarted when a) the chemical weapon attacks were found to have likely been done by western-backed “rebels.” and b) Russia intervened diplomatically to negotiated the decommissioning of Syria’s chemical weapons stocks, thus making any military action unnecessary.
3. US/NATO response to this was to develop ISIS (one of their several proxy jihadist groups fighting Assad) – as a new boogeyman. To arm them and train them while simultaneously developing a fearsome media image for them, in order to eventually justify the invasion of Syria they’d been forced to abandon. This new invasion would allegedly be about defeating ISIS, but would really be a relaunch of the original plan to get rid of Assad. And in truth ISIS would be working with the US/NATO, not against them.
4. This second plan also began to unravel firstly because ISIS and the other jihadists proved less successful at defeating the Syrian army than expected and secondly because Russia unexpectedly intervened and began bombing ISIS and the other NATO-backed proxy armies in the region.
5. Facing the potential final defeat of their plan for domination in the ME the US/NATO has mobilised its sock puppet leaders in Europe to reverse their earlier and wise decisions to stay out of Syria, and send in troops to fight the Syrian Army and Russia.
6. “Our boys” will not be fighting ISIS, whatever the media may tell you. ISIS is on our side. ISIS is NATO. “Our boys” will be fighting alongside ISIS and a ragtag of mercenaries and lunatics and sociopathic mass murderers killing Syrian civilians, soldiers of the Syrian army, and maybe even Russians (all of whom are actually fighting ISIS). Merkel, Hollande, Cameron and all the other smirking morons are obediently lining up for WW3 to defend US imperialism. Because they’re too torpid, corrupt and stupid to know what they are doing.