"Is this a precedent? Yes, what’s wrong with that?"
- Hold a plebiscite throughout the territory of the former Ukrainian SSR (yes that includes Crimea – we’re trying to make a settlement that everyone agrees with and there’s no doubt how that would turn out).
- Said plebiscite to be monitored by countries with no dog in the fight: say China, India and a South America one. Get the UN to bless the results in advance.
- Question for Round 1
- Do you want to be part of Russia?
- Do you want to be part of Ukraine?
- Do you want to be independent?
- Re-design the borders to accommodate results of votes as much as possible.
- Generous financial assistance to those who want to move from one area to another. Paid for by the USA and the EU who, after all, blew up the old Ukraine.
- In five years as Rump Ukraine gets worse off, repeat plebiscite with one additional question
- Do you want to be part of a neighbouring country? If so, which one?
- Repeat in another five years and keep repeating until everyone is where he wants to be.
- Make sure you have tight border controls around Rump Ukraine to keep the nazis in.
What are the chances of this happening? Well, given that Trump is a new phenomenon, you can’t say it’s absolutely zero.
What happens if this isn’t done? The same thing eventually but after a lot more suffering and a lot more time.
Is this a precedent? Yes, what’s wrong with that?
Source: Russia Observer