- Great interview
- For more exclusive videos, please visit and subscribe to Russia Insider You Tube Channel
This is a very good interview from a few weeks ago.
Katrina vanden Heuvel is the editor and publisher of liberal icon,The Nation.
She is a liberal's liberal, and a progressive's progressive, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and she is one of the most sensible voices in the US about Russia and how crazy US Russia policy is.
Vanden Heuvel's key points:
- These are tough times for those in the US who challenge the orthodox conventional narrative on the Ukraine conflict.
- US media blindly accept the official US government version of events in Ukraine, and it is complicit in creating the false narrative that may lead the US toward war.
- Why does the US media focus on the Russia angle concerning the leaked DNC emails, and not the substance? Voter fraud not addressed.
- Why isn't the US cooperating with Russia over Syria?
- Many of the problems and disputes can be negotiated
- Near collision of Russian fighter jet and American spy plane another provocation that can escalate
- There are war parties on both sides discussing a possible war scenario
- Time is short, we need a debate in both countries about how to avert a crisis
- It is sober realism to say that the United States and Russia must partner to resolve world problems
This post first appeared on Russia Insider
Anyone is free to republish, copy, and redistribute the text in this content (but not the images or videos) in any medium or format, with the right to remix, transform, and build upon it, even commercially, as long as they provide a backlink and credit to Russia Insider. It is not necessary to notify Russia Insider. Licensed Creative Commons