- Everything alive was destroyed in the radius of one kilometer.
- The sound and the flash were heard and seen 50 kilometers away.
- On person reported seeing a flash and feeling a touch of a warm stream on his cheek and a needle pinch.
- Many people only had injuries from shattered glass.
- Burns were mainly on the face, arms and legs.
- A doctor reported seeing three bombs dropped on parachutes, two of which did not explode and were collected by the military. The doctor experienced diarrhea after drinking the water. Other rescuers got sick after 36 hours. The doctor said that in those affected the white blood cell count reduced from 8000 per cubic centimeter to 3,000, 1,000 and even 300, which causes bleeding from nose, throat, eyes, and from the uterus in females. The injured die after 3-4 days.
- The injured, who are evacuated heal faster. Those who drank or rinsed with water in the impact area died thereafter.
- After a month it was considered safe to stay in the impact zone, however it was still not conclusive.
- According to the doctor, rubber clothing offered protection against uranium, as well as any material which is a conductor of electricity.
- A girl who visited the area a few days after the blast got sick in 1-2 weeks and died 3 days after.
- Nagasaki is divided into two sections by a mountain. The section sheltered from the blast by a mountain had much less destruction.
- Japanese driver in Nagasaki said no rescue work was done on the day of the bombing, because the city was engulfed in fire.
- Nagasaki bomb was dropped over a university hospital in Urakami district (near a Mitsubishi plant), all the patients and the staff of the hospital died.
- The driver said, some children who were up on the trees [playing?] survived, but those on the ground died.
- Most people in Hiroshima said the bomb was dropped on a parachute and detonated 500-600 feet above the ground.
- The head of the sanitary service of the 5th American fleet, commander Willkatts said that no parachutes were used in the dropping of the bombs. He also said no bomb could fall without detonating.
- He said after the bombing the zone of impact is safe and the Japanese are exaggerating the effects of a nuclear bomb.
(The pictures above are from the online sources, and not from the report)
Our commenting rules: You can say pretty much anything except the F word. If you are abusive, obscene, or a paid troll, we will ban you. Full statement from the Editor, Charles Bausman.
Add new comment