George Friedman, Founder and Chairman of Stratfor ("shadow CIA"), in a must watch video, openly declares that the primordial interest of the US over the centuries has been to to stop an alliance between Russia and Germany.
For more exclusive videos, please visit and subscribe to Russia Insider You Tube Channel
George Friedman, Founder and Chairman of Stratfor, or what is called by many "private/shadow CIA" for its well known connections and close cooperation with the CIA, gave a very interesting speech to the Chicago Council of Foreign Affairs on subject Europe: Destined for Conflict? in February of this year.
This speech came after another interesting interview where he admits that the overthrow of Yanukovych was "the most blatant coup in history" and among other things the American "payback" for Russian involvement in Syria.
In my humble opinion, this is one of the most important speeches in years I've heard, blatantly presenting neo-con perspective that dictates Washington's foreign policy.
I very much respect Friedman for his straight-talk and honesty on how the United States should maintain the role of global hegemon. In his speech he cut out all the nonsense and deceiving buzzwords like "spreading democracy and freedom", "promoting human rights" and also gibberish propaganda talk about "bad Russia", and "Putin, the bloodthirsty invader and dictator". He is the only honest spokesman of the Empire.
He recognizes that Russia has legitimate interest for its sphere of influence. However, he doesn't hide that US is trying to geopolitically defeat and humiliate Russia and limit its sphere of influence.
Even though I fundamentally disagree with him about genuine American national and geopolitical interest in decades to come, his realpolitik gives us unique insight.
Friedman's key points:
- The primordial interest of the United States for centuries (WWI, WWII and the Cold War) has been to stop a coalition between Germany and Russia.
- US is the only ally Ukraine (the Kiev regime) has.
- General Ben Hodges, Chief of US army in Europe, not only officially announced that the US would train Ukrainian troops, but also awarded medals to foreign, in this case, Ukrainian soldiers which is against the US army protocol. He's showing that the Ukrainian Army is "our" army.
- US is positioning troops, armaments, artillery and other equipment in the Baltic, Poland, Romania and Bulgaria.
- The US will deliver weapons to Ukraine.
- In all of this the US acted in the context outside NATO because any NATO members state can veto any action.
- US is preparing a "Cordon Sanitaire" around Russia. Russia knows it and believes the US wants to break the Russian Federation.
- We are back to the "old game" (Cold War).
- The United States controls all the oceans of the world and because of that we get to invade people and they don't get to invade us. Maintaining control of the sea and space is the foundation of American power.
- The best US policy is "divide et impera", what Reagan did with Iran and Iraq - fund both sides so they will fight each other and not fight us. It is cynical and not moral, but it works.
- The US cannot occupy Eurasia. We can support various contending powers so they concentrate on themselves with political, economic, and military support.
- In extreme cases we can do what we have done in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan - "spoiling attacks". A spoiling attack is not intended to defeat the enemy, it is to throw them off balance like we did with al Qaeda in Afghanistan.
- The US can not constantly intervene in Eurasia; it must selectively intervene.
- The US has staged a series of colored revolutions throughout the Russian periphery. It was the US statement of intent to destroy Russia.
- The purpose of "the invasion of Georgia" was to show how much an American guarantee is worth and it is message to the Ukrainians: Do you want to be American ally? So did the Georgians... Enjoy...
- The question for the Russians will be whether they'll be able to retain a buffer zone that is at least neutral in Ukraine or will the West penetrate so far in Ukraine as to be 500 kilometers from Moscow.
- For Russia the status of the Ukraine is an existential threat.
- It is not an accident that the US "final solution" is to create an "Intermarium" ("Between-seas") area from the Black Sea to the Baltic Sea.
- Germany is in very peculiar position and they have a very complex relationship with Russians.
- The Germans themselves don't know what to do and haven't made up their mind.
- For the US, the primordial fear is German capital and technology and Russian natural resources and manpower. This combination for centuries has scared the United States.
- Whoever can tell me what the Germans will do will tell me the next 20 years of the history.
- The main problem of Germany is that it is enormously economically powerful and geopolitically very fragile and doesn't know how to reconcile two.
- "The German Question" is coming up again. That's the next question we need to address, and we don't know how to address it, we don't know what they're going to do.
Russia Insider's Summer Fund Drive is LIVE!
The more you give, the bigger our impact. It's that simple.