A Ukrainian nationalist group has said it was behind the deaths of two public figures in Kiev earlier this week
We would like to see more evidence (not just an e-mail), but we have a sneaking suspicion that Kiev is not interested in pursuing this lead. Via the BBC:
Oleg Kalashnikov, a former MP, and Oles Buzyna, a writer and former newspaper editor, were gunned down in separate attacks within hours of each other.
A group calling itself the Ukrainian Insurgent Army claimed it carried out the killings in an email to political expert Volodomyr Fesenko.
Both of the victims were known for their strong anti-government views.
Kiev officials immediately questioned the authenticity of the claim.
The email received by Mr Fesenko was addressed to members of the Opposition Bloc, the successors to former President Viktor Yanukovych's Party of Regions. It fell apart after Mr Yanukovych fled the country last year.
In it, the group also said it was to blame for the deaths of several other politicians and officials linked to Mr Yanukovych, some of which were believed to be suicides.
The Insurgent Army, which is named after controversial Ukrainian nationalist partisans who fought during World War Two, said it was giving those it considered guilty of "anti-Ukrainian" activity until Monday to leave the country.
"We are unleashing a ruthless insurgency against the anti-Ukrainian regime of traitors and Moscow's lackeys. From now on, we will only speak to them using the language of weapons, all the way to their elimination," Mr Fesenko quoted the letter as saying.
Obviously these claims need to be investigated by Kiev. And obviously this will never happen.