He's not buying it
Greenwald's main points:
- We should be skeptical of extraordinary allegations of this sort - remember the Iraq war.
- As in the Iraq war fiasco - no evidence presented.
- America has "ugly political history" of trying to smear political opponents by linking them to Russia. That is what this looks like.
- It is unlikely that super-sophisticated Russian hackers would be so amateurish as to leave footprints.
- As in the scandal around Hillary's private email server, the DNC was careless about taking simple measures to protect against hackers. This came out in a Buzzfeed article already four months ago. The DNC was sloppy.
Anyone is free to republish, copy, and redistribute the text in this content (but not the images or videos) in any medium or format, with the right to remix, transform, and build upon it, even commercially, as long as they provide a backlink and credit to Russia Insider. It is not necessary to notify Russia Insider. Licensed Creative Commons.