Glenn Greenwald Pours Cold Water on Russia Link to DNC Hacks - CNN Invu (Video)
He's not buying it
Greenwald's main points:
- We should be skeptical of extraordinary allegations of this sort - remember the Iraq war.
- As in the Iraq war fiasco - no evidence presented.
- America has "ugly political history" of trying to smear political opponents by linking them to Russia. That is what this looks like.
- It is unlikely that super-sophisticated Russian hackers would be so amateurish as to leave footprints.
- As in the scandal around Hillary's private email server, the DNC was careless about taking simple measures to protect against hackers. This came out in a Buzzfeed article already four months ago. The DNC was sloppy.
Anyone is free to republish, copy, redistribute the text in this content on any medium or format, with the right to remix, transform, and build upon it, even commercially, without notifying Russia Insider. Licensed Creative Commons.
Click here for our commenting guidelines