Glenn Greenwald Pours Cold Water on Russia Link to DNC Hacks - CNN Invu (Video)
He's not buying it
Greenwald's main points:
- We should be skeptical of extraordinary allegations of this sort - remember the Iraq war.
- As in the Iraq war fiasco - no evidence presented.
- America has "ugly political history" of trying to smear political opponents by linking them to Russia. That is what this looks like.
- It is unlikely that super-sophisticated Russian hackers would be so amateurish as to leave footprints.
- As in the scandal around Hillary's private email server, the DNC was careless about taking simple measures to protect against hackers. This came out in a Buzzfeed article already four months ago. The DNC was sloppy.
Click here for our commenting guidelines