Katrina vanden Heuvel: Mix of American Triumphalism and Paranoia Led to US Foreign Policy Disaster in Ukraine
- Round Table on "Defining a new security architecture for Europe that brings Russia in from the cold" was held in Brussels on March 2.
- The organizer of the event was the American committee for East West Accord.
- Three key presenters were American scholars Professor John Mearsheimer and Professor Steve Cohen, and publisher-editor of The Nation, Katrina Vanden Heuvel.
- Q&A session was conducted by VIP guest panel which included five Members of the European Parliament from Left, Center and Right party groupings, two ambassadors and other senior diplomats from several missions, a senior member of the EU External Action Service, and Professor Richard Sakwa, author of the recently published Frontline Ukraine.
- For more exclusive videos, please visit and subscribe to Russia Insider You Tube Channel
Katrina vanden Heuvel is the editor and publisher of the magazine The Nation. Vanden Heuvel is a self-described liberal and progressive. She is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
The key points of Vanden Heuvel's captivating speech:
- These are tough times for those in the US who challenge the orthodox conventional narrative on the Ukraine conflict.
- Even "US progressives" who are against an increase in the US military budget, which will inevitably happen in a new Cold War, are content with Washington's policy.
- McCarthyism is still in the DNA of America's media.
- If you question the ruling narrative your patriotism and sanity will be questioned. You will be marginalized and vilified.
- Policing the world does not make the US more secure.
- Most liberals and progressives sign on to the Clinton project of NATO expansion.
- American understanding of diplomacy is "my way or the highway". It allows no room for compromise.
- Liberal interventionists like "hawk" Hillary Clinton hijacked progressivism.
- US media blindly accept the official US government version of events in Ukraine, and it is complicit in creating the false narrative that may lead the US toward war.
- Liberal hawks and neocons share strong residual anti-Russian Cold War sentiments.
- "Putin demonization" is Obama's "Russia policy".
WE'RE ON PATREON! Join the community of monthly pledgers for any amount!
An easy way to automate the dropping of neutron truth bombs on the sad msm